Dr. Vaitheeswaran Thiruvengadam – Curriculum Vitae
1.Ph. D Zoology (Fisheries Science), Jamal Mohamed College, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India.
Commended in Zoology from Jan 2010 to 04 April 2017
Ph. D Thesis Title: “Population Dynamics and Stock Assessment of two Balistid fishes
(Family: Balistidae) off Thoothukudi waters, Southeast coast of India”
2. M.Phil Zoology, Oct 2003 to May 2005, Annamalai University, Chidambaram,
3. M.Sc Zoology, April 1992 to April 2004, Jamal Mohamed College, Bharathidasan
4. B.Sc Environmental Zoology, April 1992, National College, Bharathidasan Univerisity,
5.Diploma in Computer Programme and MS Office, 1997 and 2000, Ves Computer, Tuticorin
6. Date of Birth: 03-06-1969
7. Address: Dr. T. Vaitheeswaran M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
No: 3/336, M. K. Kottai Main Road, East Ambikapuram,
Golden Rock, Trichy- 620 004, Tamil Nadu, India.
Mobile No: +91 90438 10354 ; What’s up No: +256 702071260
8. Nationality: Indian
9. Passport No: H 3692446 ; Date of Issue: 20.05.1999; Date of Expiry: 19.05.2019
Teaching and Research Experience
10. Department of Fisheries Biology and Resource Management, Fisheries College and Research Institute, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Thoothukudi,
Tamil Nadu, India : 15 years
Total year of teaching and research experience: 24 years
Honors and Awards
11. Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship Award - 2006, Doctor
of Philosophy, School of Aquaculture, University of Tasmania, Australia. (Aus $ 73,200)
12. Renowned Speaker: International Conference on Aquaculture and Fisheries, 20-22 July
2015, Brisbane, Australia
13. Hatchery Technician and Head: Breeding, seed production and culture of Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus), Victoria Treasures Limited, Kampala, Uganda, East Africa. From 21-09-2016 to 09-01-2017
14. Assistant General Manager, RnD and Q.C.,, Department of New Drug Discovery, RARBIO Energies Private Limited, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. From 01-01-2014 to 27-04-2015
15. DBT Project: Development of feed technology for semi-intensive prawn farming, CIBA,
16. TPT Project: Seabed and water quality monitoring. Cruise Assignment, Sagar Patchmi,
NIOT, NIO, CECRI, Tuticorin
17. PRO and Campus In Charge: Saranathan College of Engineering, Panjapur, Trichy
18. TN Fisheries Consultancy and Environment Impact Assessment Projects, Anna
University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
19. DBT Project: Setting up of Natural Resource Awareness clubs (DNA Clubs) in
Pondicherry and Karaikal, Sri AMM Murugappa Chettiar Research Centre, Chennai.
Project Investigator: Student Project: Study of Type I and Type II Diabetes mellitus in Union Territory of Puducherry”, Kannaki Government Girls Higher Secondary School, Villianur, Pondicherry, Make Science International Competition, Fourth Edition (2009-2010), Funded by UNESCO - Competition organized by the Science Faculty of University Paris-Sud 11-Orsay, France. January to April 2010.
Eight Govt. Hr. Sec. School and two private higher secondary school - Union Territory of Puducherry- One year teaching experience with corresponding schools at Pondicherry.
20. Guest Lecturer in Zoology: PG and Research and Department of Zoology, E.V.R. Government College, Trichy, Tamil Nadu
Fisheries College and Research Institute, Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu, India.
21. ICAR Project: Rearing and transport of spiny lobster larvae
22. ICAR Project: Resource Assessment of Ornamental Reef fishes of Gulf of Mannar,
Southeast coast of India.
23. ICAR Project: Optimization of yield and technical efficiency analysis for aquaculture
development in Tamil Nadu
24. MoEF Project: Conservation of Lobsters in the Gulf of Mannar
25. GoMBRT Project: Study on fish resources of GoMBRT their current status, diversity, abundance, prevailing threats and productivity potential and suggesting future management protocol for biodiversity conservation and sustainable fishing practice for important commercial and non-commercial species.
26. GoMBRT Project: Molluscan diversity of Thoothukudi coast of Gulf of Mannar Biosphere and its current exploitation rate in different fishing practices.
27. NADP Project: Generating alternative livelihood options for the coastal community towards fisheries biodiversity conservation in Tamil Nadu
28. NADP Project: Increasing fish production in Tamil Nadu through production and distribution improved Tilapia.
est Lecturer in Zoology: PG and Research and Department of Zoology, E.V.R. Government College, Trichy, Tamil Naduppa Chett
FC&RI, Tamil Nadu Fisheries Universitty, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
29. Part II Scheme: Biosecured microbial flocculent driven farming for domesticating ecofriendly and viable culture practices for vannemei shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) and Milk fish (Chanos chanos, Etroplus suratensis, Mugil cephalus and Scatophagus argus)- Hatchery, Culture in line ponds.
Key Skills and Strengths
PC – Statistical software- FiSAT, PRIMER v 6, ECOSTAT, SPSS, ArcGis, Arcview and MS Office
Editor and Associate Editor
Films and Documentaries
International Conference Renowned Speakers, Brisbane,
International Journal Editorial Board and Associate
Editor and Peer Reviewer
National Conference/ Seminars
Research papers published in Books
1 Cruise Assign
Tamil News Articles
SCUBA Diving Cassette C.D
New Records– Indian waters –Marine finfish- shellfish species viz., 68 numbers of finfishes and shell fishes were reported for the first-time in Indian coast, Indo-Pacific, Western Pacific and Gulf of Mannar, India.
Declaration: I hereby declare that the information provided above is true to the best of knowledge.
Indian Ocean/Indo Pacific
Assistant General Manager, Research and Development, Quality Control, New Drug Discovery, Marine Invertebrate Division, Cancer Drugs;
Rarbio Energies Private Limited, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Received: August 10, 2017; Published: August 31, 2017
*Corresponding Author: T. Vaitheeswaran, Assistant General Manager, Research and Development, Quality Control, New Drug Discovery,
Marine Invertebrate Division, Cancer Drugs; Rarbio Energies Private Limited,…